Digital Notebook for Microsoft

This is my first year with this program and am trying to use as many digital options as possible. However, we are a Microsoft school and I’m trying to figure out the best way to have students use Activity Guides digitally instead of paper copies. Has anyone done this? I saw in the forum that the new curriculum is not Microsoft (OneNote) compatible. Thoughts?

I’m not at a Microsoft School, but I do have Microsoft software on my own computer. I’m able to download the google doc versions of the activity guides as a word file and they open almost flawlessly in Word. I’m guessing you could do that and even make Office 365 (online) versions of the docs you could share as well.

Have you tried that?

Mike

I was hoping to add the whole resource book instead of downloading each activity guide for each chapter. I’m not sure how to download that other than through the Printing options. I feel like I’m missing something simple.

@twood2,

From the unit page, you can use the “Printing Options” button to print all the activity sheets for a unit, but those are in .pdf format. I don’t think there is currently a way to get them all in a .doc format, but I can see how that would be useful.

I would suggest you email support@code.org with that request. If there is enough interest, that could be something they are willing to support in the future

Mike

I’m using full on Microsoft Teams for this course. There’s a dated (2019) CSD OneNote which goes with this. Found here: How to use the Code org Class Notebook (microsoft.com). I’ve documented some of the things I’m doing in the classroom on my blog https://classroomgeek.com . Let me know if you need anything! We’ll stumble through it together! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cwurban Thanks so much for sharing your resources!