How To Access the SRI ECS Assessments

Hi Code.org Computer Science Teachers,

We have received a bunch of feedback that teachers are having trouble accessing the SRI ECS Assessments.

The process is a little bit tricky so we created a How To Guide to help with this process. If you are currently teaching ECS we suggest you take a look at the assessments as another resource for your classroom.

If you are still having trouble head to the Forum Post for this topic and let us know.

-Code.org Team

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

None of my students can access the second unit activities in Code Studio. I can check their progress in the unit and obviously nothing has been completed. Every user can only show the first unit portion of the class.

Thanks!

Neil

Hi Neil,

It sounds like you are talking about CSP not ECS. Is that right?

Could you give me a link or picture of what you are looking for it to be showing for Unit 2? I would be happy to look into the issue once I have a more clear picture.

Thanks for reaching out! Its always good to hear from teachers who are using the materials.

-Dani

I would like to access the ECS assessments but I cannot sign up as I live and teach in Cape Town - it requires a state and does not have Other as a choice. Is this resource only available to teachers in the USA or Canada?

Hi, Corrine!

We’ve just gotten in touch with the team behind the CS10k site, and they’re working on a fix to the registration page. in the meantime. please just pick a U.S. state when you register so you can gain access sooner rather than later.

Hi Brook,

Thank you so much for helping me to solve the problem. I will register using one of the states in the meantime.

Interesting, the students enjoy the new teaching strategies. In addition, to becoming more independent thinkers, it is serving to cultivate more students educated in technology. They love this.

Raul

I implement growth mindset in my classroom through essential questions and discussions encouraging students to think of ways to solve problems by determining out the end results.

Hi,
I’m a diverse learner teacher at John Hope High School, I’ve been teaching for about 17yrs. As a DL teacher I teach all subjects. I really enjoyed the CD algebra PD, I can now impress my students with teaching the simple coding to mk images and possibly a simple game.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

I would like to access the assessments for the ECS course and cannot! Please help.

Hi @edavidson,

Have you checked out this How To Guide on accessing the SRI Assessments? It has a bunch of debugging things to figure out why you might not be able to access them.

Best,

Dani

@edavidson

Were you able to access the SRI Assessments? If not I’ll be happy to assist you if you still have questions.