Internet simulator unit 2 lesson 6

I am typing GET and then the other students name, but I don’t see their internet address anywhere…

Hello,

Without a screenshot of what your’e doing I’m not sure I’ll be able to find the culprit, but I would double check a few items before moving on:

• You and the other student are both enrolled in (and have selected if necessary) the same class
  • The name you are typing is their name as it appears on Code.org rather than their actual name (these may be different)

Best of luck

I am also having this issue! Image below. I tried your suggestions above, any other ideas? Thanks!!

@styrrell and @anna_holcomb,

I have an idea of what might be going wrong. Who are you trying to ask for the student’s IP address? Where are you asking them?

If that clears it up, great! If not, let us know here & we can keep troubleshooting.

–Michael K.

1 Like

Hi, I am preparing to teach Unit 2 Lesson 6 and encountering the same problem. How does a student know another student’s username (i.e. jen5), especially if the other student is on a different router, without asking them? Or, should I set up the simulator with just one router so that all students can see each other’s usernames? Thanks.

Hi @jschnidman,

The students should be able to see other hostnames on the router, according to the instructions in the level:

I would recommend filling out a support ticket if these are not showing up, as I agree the activity would be very challenging without them having these names.

Hope that helps!
–Michael K.