Mini-Project to Replace Unit 3: Lesson 10: CS Discoveries

Hi! I thought I would share what I created for CS Discoveries in places of the mini project for Unit 3 Lesson 10. In this mini project, students are originally asked to create a simple animation. Working with high school students, I thought they could do a little more! So what I had them do is a comic strip!

Since we have only learned limited code, I am giving them a template that will allow them to just animate each slide! Here are links to all of the resources I am using! Enjoy!

Example Comic Strip

Mini-Project Slideshow

Mini-Project Directions Planning Worksheet This is for students to draw out their comic before coding!

Coding Template

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
Great idea to adapt to better meet your students abilities!

love this! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I really like this alternative and might use it for a semester exam. What part of Code Studio did they use? Game lab or App lab?

2 Likes

Hi! I did it in place of Unit 3: Lesson 10. So I had them code there so that I could consistently keep track of their progress… They can also do it in Game Lab, I would suggest having them share the code with you immediately so you can check in on them as they are working if you use Game Lab

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. This is great.

2 Likes

I love it!! Thank you for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is a great activity! Thanks so much for sharing!

1 Like

This is great. Thanks so much for sharing. I’m always looking for something more for high school.

1 Like