Moving students

I teach the CFII class in 8th grade. The 7th grade teacher moved them from CFI to my class for me. However, I cannot add new students or print passwords. I can move the students to different sections, but I can’t do anything else.

@mcox,

Can you give us more information? Are you using Google Classroom or something else or are you just talking about the sections on code.org. You could also reach out to support@code.org with information on your code.org account and they can look inside and see if there’s something not working right?

Even if you move students into your section, you should still be able to use the enrollment code for new students to enroll… but you may have locked your section. See my 2nd reply below.

thanks!

Mike

I am not using any other program or tools. I gave the 7th grade teacher my section code after I created it and she moved them there. We haven’t done this before, but I wanted the students to be able to begin where they left off last year.

@mcox,

I updated my response above as I didn’t think about the “move student” option. So, when a student wants to join your section, I assume you are giving them the join code. Is that what’s not working?

In that case, I’m guessing the section may be locked by default. If you review this article, it will show you how to check and see if you may have locked your section. You should be able to unlock it the same way. Let us know if that’s the problem (or not!)

Mike