PLEASE HELPPPPPP i am not able to work through my app! what do i do? i think all of my code is correct but its still not working. can anyone help me find out why it wont run like i want it to?
First, make notes about the difference between what it does and what you want.
Test your hypothesis by insterting
console.log of key values that you need to verify what you think it should do matches what it actually does. You could also use break points. Click on the line number where you want it to pause so you can see what it actually is doing.
wait what, i dont get it…
oh nvm i understood what you said… i tried that just now… but im still unable to figure out whats wrong and im not able to change it. do you see anything wrong in my code that doesnt allow it to run?
this is due by tonight and i cant fix it pls help
Thanks for reaching out for help with your app. Is this app intended to be used for your Create task submission? It it is we are not able to provide help beyond encouraging you to try some standard debugging strategies. Even if we cannot help, answering the following questions may lead you to finding the error on your own.
[Posts in the debugging category need to have the following pieces of information included in order to help other teachers or our moderator team best help you. Feel free to delete everything in brackets before posting your request for debugging help.]
- Link to the project or level: [replace with link to the curriculum or get the “Share” link to a project]
- What I expect to happen: [replace with a detailed description of the behavior you’re trying to create]
- What actually happens: [replace with a detailed description of what actually happens when the code runs including any errors or unexpected behavior]
- What I’ve tried: [replace with a detailed description of what you’ve already tried to do to solve the problem]
- Link to the project or level: Code.org - App Lab
- What I expect to happen: When the app is run, the user should be able to type their name in and choose a specific genre from the dropdown “Pick A Genre”. This, the user is able to do. But, when the user actually does this, a sentence, “Hello” + insertName) + ", the show I would recommend for you is " + showChoice + “.” should appear.
- What actually happens: When the app is run, it does not only not display the sentence at all, it does not even show any errors in the box below which has me completely confused because I dont know what to fix.
- What I’ve tried: I changed the code several times, tried a different approach, but none of them work.
sorry, i put the wrong link initially. but i think that should work. pls get back soon lol.
thank you, though.
nvm. i fixed it. thanks for your support tho.