Professional Learning Outside of Code.org - ECT

Hello!
I’ve been a Code.org Computer Science Fundamentals facilitator in Minnesota since 2015 and a public school educator for 11 years!

As I started learning about CS education, I found a lot of research from the DevTech Research Group andDr. Marina Bers out of Tufts University to be incredibly helpful as I spent time thinking about what it could look like in my classroom. I recently made a job transition to work at Tufts with Dr. Bers and the Early Childhood Technology (ECT) Graduate Certificate program.

I wanted to share the program in this thread in case you are looking for additional professional learning resources beyond our CSF workshops!

Applications are open until August 1st for the year-long blended program which starts in September 2019. You can learn more at go.tufts.edu/ECT or email me at angela.kalthoff @ tufts.edu

Early Application Promotion: Submit your completed application for ECT by July 26th and receive a FREE copyof Dr. Amanda Sullivan’s new book Breaking the STEM Stereotype: Reaching Girls in Early Childhood. In the book, you’ll learn how to boost girls confidence & interest in STEM with hands-on activities and developmentally appropriate technologies.

To learn more you can join our virtual open house to learn more!

Saturday, July 27, 2019

4:00 p.m. EST

Thanks for sharing @kalthoff! Excited for your new adventure!