Sorting students in dashboard 2020

Is it possible to sort the students by last name instead of the first in the progress window?

1 Like

Currently, I don’t believe that is an option. When I create accounts, I usually create them as last, first for that reason. This is a feature you could request at support@code.org to see if they would add it to their development list.

Here’s a link to a previous discussion where some teachers suggested some workarounds.

Sorry!

Mike

I’m in the same boat…I have 128 students in Studio.Code.org and having their names sorted by first name creates way more work for me, especially when it comes to entering scores from the Studio.Code.org post-assessments into our district gradebook program. I’m surprised there is not an option in Studio.Code.org to sort our students’ names by last name.

1 Like

I have passed it on again. I know the past few months, a lot of time and energy has been put into working on solutions for distance learning with the state of affairs across the country and some other requests may still be on hold, but it never hurts to email support@code.org so they know it’s still something a lot of teachers are interested in.

I find myself using CRL+F a lot to search for names … Not an elegant solution, but does work…

Hope your school year is starting off well!

Mike

A quick solution for now would be to just ask your students to switch their first and last names. That is what I have been doing.

Got it–thanks Mike.

Hi, Bryan here from the Code.org product team! Hot off the press: we just launched the functionality needed to sort by last name. This is available on the Manage Students tab, the Progress Table, and the teacher panel! See this newly-updated support article for more details: https://support.code.org/hc/en-us/articles/14966222653325

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the update!