Teaching Computer Science: Your Plans

My main goal for the classroom is to get my students to connect their love of technology to the important skill of problem-solving and perseverance. I also want to get my students to know how to use technology in effective ways and to be great digital citizens. CS or code.org helps me meet these goals by providing me with lesson plans and an excellent platform for students to work on
I’m most excited about the fun I know the students will have. I also am excited about the different ideas that show me that one doesn’t necessarily need computers to learn valuable computer science skills
The challenges I foresee in trying to meet my goals are challenges most teachers face in the classroom daily. Challenges like burnout, lack of funding, and simple things like a bad internet connection can make a great platform like code.org frustrating.
I am curious about student input in the curriculum. Can any lessons be modified to fit individual student interests? Is there any part of the forums were I can see how different types of students feel using this platform? Are there any ideas for special education?
Thank you for all your help, I look forward to participating.