U4 Challenge Decision

Day 2-3 Scratch Name program

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9CwVBdAaShycTlGT0NnenhCbG8/view?usp=sharing

My students are struggling with the concepts of programming. For this reason, we will start at the beginning of Unit 4 and introduce programming very slowly.

I would like to work on day 5-6 - Moving Sprites

I would like to work on day 4 because it definitely seems like an easy assignment which everyone can work independently on, make unique, and creates a fun environment to share their work.

Day 9- Broadcast Role Play Challenge-1_Page_Lesson_Overview.docx (397.1 KB)

I will be doing Day 2-3 the Name Project because it will be the first time that my kids will have been introduced to Scratch!

Challenge-Unit 4 Day 2-3.docx (23.3 KB)

I am doing create a game for the individual using motion, sound, and conditional statements.

For group projects, create a role play with broadcasting, costume and background changes.

Jennifer Stone

I plan to create a lesson plan for Instructional Day 4. The students will create a dialogue between two sprites. First they must PLAN the dialogue then create the program and finally explain in their own words how the dialogue works.

Hi Janet,

How were you planning on introducing the project to your students? What specific CS conyent are students learning and how does this lesson connect to future lessons?

Andrea

Angela and Ryan,

I like the idea of each student having a individual graphic organizer. Is there a way to incorporate collaboration into the process?

Andrea

Katie,

How will your lesson connect to content from previous lessons or prepare students for future lessons?

Andrea

I will use the Scratch Star Wars game.

I will be completing the broadcast role-play for my challenge activity.

I am going to teach lesson for day 4, knock knock jokes

I will be working on Day 9, Broadcast role-play for my Challenge in Unit 4

I chose to do the baseball project. I told them the Sprite had to stop at each base and be positioned in the right direction. After completing the assignment, I encouraged my students who seemed more advanced to go back and add sound and text while they waited for the remainder of the class to finish. Everyone seemed to enjoy this project.

There were great lesson in this unit. To help students with concepts, I created a notes guide to help students review the concepts for this unit. Unit 4 Study Guide.pdf (190.8 KB)

I’ve decided to do the Day 4 - Knock Knock Joke. I think the kids will have a lot of fun coming up with their best joke and then coding the sprites to tell the joke. I know their will be some real creative projects the come from this.

I think the Gallery walk does incorporate collaboration. Especially if you have them use sticky-notes for feedback/questions as they wander to each computer and share and after viewing the feedback from the class the student can then share/discuss with the class any reasoning, answer any questions, and also have an opportunity to make changes based on the feedback they received.