U4 Practice PT Decision Maker App

I am grading my students’ decision maker apps using the rubric provided in the planning guide. I am still unsure about how the students document “functionality”. Does their video need to show the code running step by step (for example, highlighted in turtle mode) to demonstrate functionality? Or just show the user inputs followed by the appropriate output?

In the written response, what constitutes a good description of functionality? I am looking for “how” the code works, ie, what the code will do with the inputs in order to produce the output. Am I on the right track?

I think you are on the right track :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the encouragement. What do you know about AP exam expectations for what appears in the video (code running step by step vs just user inputs followed by appropriate output)? Where can I find resources about the AP exam PT video expectations? Thanks again!!

Unit 8 in the curriculum is dedicated to Create PT. The first 3 lessons go through the rubric and some sample tasks with annotations. You can find the resources here.

1 Like