Unit 3 Lesson 8 Counter Pattern Unplugged

I am preparing for this lesson tomorrow or the following day and curious about how it went for others. Any tips? Things that worked well, things that didn’t? Thanks in advance!

-Shannon
sjohnso3@tacoma.k12.wa.us

Shannon,

How did it go? Sorry I’m just seeing this - in my classes it was a mix. A few of the groups (I split into groups with poster paper) enjoyed the activity and said it made sense, others caught onto the counter pattern from other experiences and really just wanted to program on the computer.

Brad

Shannon - can you tell us how it went? I have this one tomorrow and I am not feeling it…I think my students are going to be confused.

Sorry for the delay. How did it go?

It went okay with some students catching on (similar to Brad Ashley’s experience it sounds like) but others were totally lost. When I do it again, I will do
a better time reminding myself of the lesson and being able to do a thorough demo for students. Also, point out the information in the commands as my Middle Schoolers were not able to find and understand that on their own without some guidance.

In general, my students tend to grumble when it is packet work and not Code Studio so I found I was fighting that resistance too.

Shannon Johnson

Wainwright Intermediate

CTE, Computer Science

253-571-2116

cid:image002.jpg@01D3A3EC.C7ED8DC0

1 Like

Thanks for that update! I also saw that someone has reworded the handout and I wonder if that might help my guys…

Susan Honsinger
Teacher

Saint Mary Catholic School

Fort Walton Beach, FL

850-243-8913

Dedicated to Catholic values, Saint Mary Catholic School is a Christ-centered educational community committed to academic excellence, spiritual growth, individual responsibility, and service to others.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.