Unit 4, 5, 6 Slide Deck

Hello All. Just wanted to let you know that Kristin Tope and I are changing up the way we are presenting the materials in our courses, moving towards a more self-paced differentiated approach. As such, we are NOT developing slide decks for units 4, 5, or 6. We apologize if anyone was holding out for these slide decks.

4 Likes

thanks for letting us know @rlehman!

We really appreciate the ones you’ve made :v:

1 Like

I was so hopeful. What are you using now?

That is great. How are you structuring it now?

I really liked the slides that were made for Units 1-3! Thank you. I’ve created slides for most of Units 4, 5, & 6. It works better for some lessons than others but feel free to make a copy and use however you need. It can also be helpful to convert the questions to Pear Deck.

https://bit.ly/CSDUnit4

https://bit.ly/CSDUnit5

https://bit.ly/CSDUnit6

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing these resources. They look useful.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these! They look great.

1 Like

THANK YOU for sharing these units!

No problem! Hope they help!

Could you email these to me? Our security at school will not allow me to open them. craigt@bcsdschools.net

Thanks.

This is my first year with CSD. I am really confused as to what students are supposed to be creating an app for. Something for the good of society? I am not even sure what app lab is capable of doing.

Can they create an app for our high school instead?

Rwhitsel,

They can create an app on whatever they choose - if you are Unit 4 you want to be focused on the “empathy” part of the Problem Solving Process and creating app that help the school is a great option. For me in my classes, I have them think of a problem and then try to solve it, then think about others and how others would solve this problem and incorporate it into an app that everyone can use (for those students that are struggling with the initial prompt).

Once they have a problem to solve, then walk through the ways that the device can accept Input (from Unit 1) and Store/Process that data to produce an Output that is helpful. Each year I do this, my high schools want to create a parking app that helps them avoid tickets - so we talk about all the ways that their device can create data on it’s own (GPS, amount of light/sound for time of day, Device time, etc…) and then the data that can be collected from the user (license plate, name, etc…) and how those could be used to create a solution to avoid parking tickets. There might be apps out there that students can explore and add onto which is perfectly fine, just as long as they are focused on the user.

Hope that helps!
Brad

Thank you so much! I am starting the year with units 4-6 and we are starting digitally, so this gives me a great starting point!

I just wanted to say thanks for creating these! They are really well done and helpful for me…I’ve taught Units 1,2,&3 for years now but this is the first semester I’m doing 4,5,&6…so again…thank you so very much for your generosity!

2 Likes