When to unpair in unit 2?

I like to have students pair whenever possible. I made the mistake of pairing them for unit two and didn’t unpair until lesson six and then students have to go back and recreate what they did in pages one and two of their web page.

When do you have students unpair? lesson 3? but then they are doing it on their own??

As students create I have each save to a flash drive to avoid recreation or loss of work. Often I have them send me work via e-mail as well as they do tend to lose flash drives.

Diane Cummings Neville

Gulfstream Academy of Hallandale Beach

Career and Technical Educator (1998)

Champion of Computer Science, 2nd place Nationally (2017-18)

Certified – Engineering Design, Computer Science (2018) final testing, Business Ed Candidate (2018-19)

Hi Lauren,
I think for Unit 2 a good rule of thumb is to “unpair” whenever students are working on their own websites. As they are learning the ropes with the new tool, some teachers find it helpful to circulate the room and check for “Hi Team” or “Hi (Name)” in the top corner as needed.

1 Like

Diane, if you are having issues with students losing work on Code.org, please reach out and submit a bug report! Thanks.
-Mike

I am not having an issue at all. I was just responding to another teacher who had issues. Code.org couldn’t be more perfect in my book!

Diane Cummings Neville

Gulfstream Academy of Hallandale Beach

Career and Technical Educator (1998)

Champion of Computer Science, 2nd place Nationally (2017-18)

Certified – Engineering Design, Computer Science (2018) final testing, Business Ed Candidate (2018-19)

Can someone please help me find the steps for pair programming?

See if this article helps.