Welcome! Please introduce yourself

I am a special ed teacher in Sacramento , Ca. I have taught the intro course and one hour of code the last two years in my middle school classes. My kids love it.

Next year (2016-2017) I have requested to start an after school club for the more advanced math and science students. I hope it gets approved.

Teachers at my school are surprised when I mention this free site and all the resources. They think it’s an important subject but don’t realize they don’t have to wait for the district office to provide curriculum.

Hi, My name is Lynnette Crawley. I teach for Texas Connections Academy, an online virtual charter school. I have ran the code.org Hour of code for our school grades 3-8 and am eager to learn more about the courses available now. I live in Sealy Texas and teach grade 5 Science. I am interested in this community in order to grow the code.org program at our school and provide more opportunities for students to grow in this area. Kids are excited about coding and learning how to build resources themselves. It is a great way to empower the kids. My favorite ice cream is cookies and cream blue bell style.

Hi, My name is Nancy. I teach 7th & 8th grade computer classes in Upstate New York. I have used the Hour of Code to kick off units on Coding for the last two years. I want to enhance my current unit and am looking for ideas to make this happen. My favorite ice cream flavor is Black Cherry.

Hellow Everyone!
My name is Flavia Dyer, computer science teacher, mother of 3, runner and crafter!
I am in charge of the elementary school computer lab at our school where my companion Bety and myself teach over 900 students every week! Our school is in Mexico City which is a very large city!
I have been working with Scratch, Logo and CODE.org and find them all very interesting and fun to learn and teach. This opportunity to expand our horizons as teachers is fantastic!
Lately I introduced the MakeyMakey and Finch robot to the students as an extention of the programming. It has been lots of fun and hard work!

My name is Julie Scoville. I teach kindergarten at Solar Prep for Girs in Dallas, Texas. I am interested in being a part of this community because I need to learn how to code and how to teach it to my students.

Hi

My name is Ravi Srini
Am from Chennai, India

I run www.kidscode.space, teaching 8-12yr olds mostly. and I look forward to interacting with other teachers!

www.linkedin.com/in/ravi-srinivasan-b007254

Hi, I´m Sonia Gutiérrez. I´m a technology coordinator and teacher in Bogotá Colombia. I´m happy to be here an learn to improve my practices and help my teachers too.
I´d like to interchange experiences and projects between our students.

Hey Everyone,
My name is Julie Boes. I will be moving to a new K-5 technology teacher position this fall at Gobles Elementary located in lower Michigan. I have been in teaching for 26 years, but about five years ago I really became interested in technology. I have become a tech leader in my school and do much of the tech PD for our district. I am excited about this new position in our elementary. Last school year I ran an after school Hour of Code Program for the elementary and it was a hug success. I want to incorporate coding into the technology curriculum for the upcoming year. This summer I am creating the K-5 curriculum for the elementary. I am open to any ideas!!! I appreciate the opportunity to learn new tech stuff for free!!!

My favorite ice cream is Chocolate Moose Tacks!

school email: jboes@gobles.org
twitter: Julie Boes @boesteacher
facebook: Julie Boes
Linkedin: Julie Boes

Hi! I’m Charlene and I teach social skills to middle school students. I’m hoping to use coding as a reward for good behavior to my students. I would also like to implement it into my 7th grade science and social studies class. Thanks you for offering these online classes! My summer vacation is filling up quickly, so it will be nice to do this as my time permits.

Hello, this is Eloie Pena from Dallas ISD. I am interested in knowing what change this CS will offer me despite the 25+ yrs in the teaching field. I consider myself a rusty in terms of technology; but very enthusiastic on what else can I bring on my student’s table to increase their interest in learning Chemistry in a stress-free environment.

Hello! I’m Steve Du, Technology Coordinator at Captain Isaac Paine Elementary School in Foster, RI. We’ve done Hour of Code for three years and our kids love it! I taught Intro to Programming for college students at Georgia State in Atlanta, and looking forward to seeing how teaching computer science to K-5 students is similar/different.

I’ll be interested in exchanging experiences and ideas with folks about how to frame a technology curriculum so it is relevant and interesting at elementary grade levels. I’ve already had some good discussions with fifth graders about “the cloud” and online privacy issues. I also see excitement in students who want to join my after school robotics program or who want to learn how to code their own video games.

Although I like all things orange, for some reason my favorite ice cream is mint chip.

http://paineschool.org/drdu/

Hello all, My name is Shane Wines and I teach in Prince Frederick, Maryland about an hour south of Washington DC. I teach 9th-12th graders. I’m excited to have the opportunity to teach ECS this year among continuing to teach Digital Electronics and Foundations of Technology. I’m interested in sharing my experiences and reading about as well as collaborating through out the year!

My name is Victoria and I live and work in beautiful Huntsville, Ontario, Canada. Currently I teach grade 5/6 but next September I will be teaching a tougher split: Grade 6/7. I am interested in being part of this community because I believe that it will not be long until coding is part of our curriculum. My students participated in the hour of code, but many found it to be very difficult. My favourite ice cream is anything chocolate and now that summer is finally here I am excited to indulge!

Hello Julie,
Best of luck in the new job! I am also an elementary computer lab teacher but in Mexico City. Have you tried Scratch? It is a fabulous program to introduce students to programming.
By the way I also love Chocolate Moose tracks, specially the little peanut butter cups!
Flavia Dyer

This game was created by 5 grader.

Hi my name is Amanda. I live in the Hunter Valley region of NSW, in Australia. I am currently completing the final few weeks of my teaching degree and wanted to add coding to the skills I can teach to my students. I really believe that coding will be something that many kids will need in the future. I can’t wait to learn more.
My favourite ice cream flavour is boysenberry!

Hello!

My name is Morgan and I am a junior high history teacher at a school in Mission Viejo, CA. This year I am embarking on teaching a brand new elective on coding and I am just as new to it as my students will be! I have a lot to learn and I am super excited and extremely thankful that code.org has the resource for us teachers. =)

My favorite ice cream is vanilla ( I know, very boring, but I tend to be a creature of nostalgia and comfort). =)

Hello! My name is Tami Cooper. I am the 5-8th grade STEM teacher at Peoria Academy, a private school in Peoria, IL. This is my 2nd year at PA. Coding assignments my first year were random and a bit confusing for students (and myself). My goal for this 2nd year is to implement a cohesive, structured coding curriculum. I believe this course in addition to the in-person workshop I’ve registered for will help me getting my ducks in a row. :smile:

I did host an Hour of Code event last December for our entire school ( ages 3 -8th grade) using Code.org activities. It was a success and I hope to repeat it again this year. In addition, I am looking into offering an after school coding club for the lower grades. This course should prove very beneficial in pursuing that avenue.

Hi,

My name is Phương, I am a mother of two 5 and 6 years old kids from Vietnam. I am working as a .Net freelancer and I am interesting in code.org to teach my kids how to getting started with programming.

Thank you so much for such a brilliant course, program and community.

Hello there,

My name is Wendy Duha and I am an elementary teacher in Calgary, AB., Canada. I will be teaching grade 4/5 next year and have done some experimenting with Code.org in a grade 2/3 classroom last year. I am taking the online course because I am thinking about completing the computer science course next year with my class.

Hi everyone,

My name is Taiwo Divine from Nigeria. I have had experience in teaching Basic 3 (equivalent to K3), senior and A level classes. Presently, I work as an I.T technologist but planning to move back into teaching profession. I wish to help students in small and developing schools in my Country have early exposure to Computer Science and Technology and i can see code.org as a perfect tool to achieve that. You can connect with me on twitter @fbearers. Thanks.