AP CSP Framework?

Just touching base with anyone out there who might want to share their framework for the course that we all have to submit to OSPI in Washington State.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Questions about Vocab

Classic thread hijacking :wink: if anyone has info on that framework let me know

Hi @fleisch1984,

I’m working with our outreach team to see if I can track any help for you. Can you send me any more details on the framework you are talking about?

-Dani

1 Like

I actually got messaged by another teacher who is going to help me out. A framework is a document that goes into insanely scrupulous detail on each unit and connects the activities and assessments to state/federal standards. All CTE teachers in Washington State need an official framework for each one of of their courses they teach, they can be very long and difficult to produce. The one I have for AP Computer Science is 29 pages long. They are subject to audit and must be approved annually by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. I know I may have made it sound tedious and horrible. That was my intention.

1 Like

Hi Fleisch1984, I am currently teaching Exploring Computer Science (ECS) in Yakima, WA, but we are interested in possibly having CSP in the future. When I looked through the CIP code list for WA at OSPI, I didn’t find any AP Computer Science, only Intro to Computer Science (which is clearly where ECS fits). Did your framework get approved? And also, what is the course code (or CIP code, or V-code, or all three!) that you are using for CSP?

If you search in the Cedars Data Manual:" http://www.k12.wa.us/CEDARS/Manuals.aspx " you will find the Cedars course code for AP CSP (10157). Also a possible contact at OSPI for Computer Science:
Shannon Thissen
Shannon.Thissen@k12.wa.us
360-725-6092

or
Barbara Dittrich - barbara.dittrich@k12.wa.us She did a presentation on AP in CTE.

Hope this helps

SOOOO very helpful! Thanks a bazillion!

Hey Fleisch1984! This year, I will be teaching CSP after successfully finishing CSD last year. Do you have a current WA State frameworks for CSP available to share?

I did make one form scratch that ended up getting approved, but I will have to see if I can get ahold of my CTE director to track it down. I haven’t seen that god forsaken thing since I finished it.
I’ll email him and keep you posted. I don’t want you to suffer like I did and make your own!

1 Like

I would LOVE a copy of this as well!

Have you been able to locate a framework copy that you would be willing to share for CSP?

Hello @fleisch1984 :wave:, I would love to take a look at the CSP Framework as well. I hope your year is off to a great start. :slight_smile: We are looking at getting CS off the ground in our HS, I am extremely excited about this.

Did you get a copy of that framework? Or an updated one?

Same question - does anyone have a current Washington State OSPI Framework for AP CSP with Code.org that they’d be willing to share?

I have some participants who are looking for the current Washington State CSP framework for 21-2022 school year. Anyone have a copy out there?? Much appreciated and will forward to my cohort.

2022 - 2023 cte framework for washington state. I am working from an old ap csp framework that includes the retired explore task. Does anyone have a newer copy of the framework that has the updated information and excludes the explore task and is willing to share?

Hi @soulecr,

I’m not from Washington State so I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but I found this online: GUIDANCE ON TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN WASHINGTON STATE K–12 PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

Please let us know if that’s what you were looking for, or if someone else has a different document, I invite them to post it here. And if you do happen to find the link before anyone replies, please post it here so folks searching in the future can access the resource.

Thank you! :slight_smile:
–Michael K.