Help with combining App Lab tools with Game Lab tools

Here is a link to a student’s game, he is trying to loop his missiles and knows how to do it in Game Lab, but can’t figure it out in App Lab

Message from student-
I need the missiles to reset when they reach the bottom. Also they need to be in a random x position when they reset.

Hi @lsaylor!!

Sooooo sorry we totally missed this one!
Was your student able to fix this?

Kevin,

I am wondering if there is any support available for this request. I have some students who would like to do the same thing. Get screen image elements moving throughout the running of the game (think Game Lab draw loop).

Hoping @kevinsukhoo jumps in as he is more of an expert in AppLab than I am for sure, but animations in general, I know, are not the same in AppLab as they are in GameLab. They can be done, but they operate under a different paradigm as AppLab is event driven and GameLab uses the draw loop to propel the animations.

I have found a few previous posts in the forum that may explain this better.

And here is a one hour and twenty minute video on creating a Pong Game in App Lab. I haven’t watched it all, but I did skim through it and watched the last few minutes where he demo’s it. It was pretty impressive.

So, I realize this probably doesn’t answer your question, but hoping some other teachers with experience can jump in and share their opinions and expertise!

Mike