How to see my students working online live?

Hello forum! I was wondering which was the best way to see my students working live at online courses. I have started teaching with code.org courses and using Zoom to see and help my students to do their lessons by themselves, but I want to know if there is a more friendly way to do it? as they are 7 year old is quite difficult to find a more dinamic way in virtual classes. Even that, the web is great!! Thank you all!

I use CS Discoveries as an intro to programming with my high school game design classes – so we’re obviously talking about very different groups of kids…

That said, one thing that helps me is a combination of having my students screen share with me and looking at their work in GameLab at the same time on my computer. My view in GameLab isn’t synchronized with my students – I have to reload my page to see what they’ve changed, but it lets me move around independently of them and if I do a remix (you can never have too many monitors :slight_smile:) I can try out ideas as I talk with them.

I think Zoom also has a facility that allows you to remotely control another computer, but I’ve never tried it – I just have this recollection of seeing an option somewhere in the Zoom UI.

1 Like