Brainstorming strategies for Discoveries students with reading and writing disabilities such as dyslexia. How can we enable them to better debug and code?
- Coding in the Blocks mode eliminates many syntax errors in their code
- Provide a vocabulary sheet with many of the common terms they might use
- Use a screen reader extension like Read and Write or Snap and Read Universal
- Employ the Cloze Procedure and provide blocks of code with some words omitted they can fill in
- Link to Kurt Kaiser’s CS Discoveries Unit overview YouTube videos
Can you suggest more?