Students can't take the Pre-Survey

Students can’t take the Pre-Survey because all pages are already checked off as if completed

HI @mary.tow - Can you send in the details of what is happening to support@code.org . That way we can take a closer look at what is happening for you and your account in detail.

Thanks!
Dani

Hi Dani,
Thanks. I tried to delete the post but did not see an option to do that. I found that I had not unlocked the pre-survey–so hopefully that will be why they were “checked.” I’ll know tomorrow. Thanks!
Mary

I just got started because my students just got their devices but we finished lessons 1, 2, 3, and 4. Now my students have to take the pre-survey and only one person was able to access it. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?

@dchapman.microsoft

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with the surveys. There’s a support article that might help here: https://support.code.org/hc/en-us/articles/115001331951-Using-lock-settings-for-assessments-and-surveys

Here’s the part that may be the most useful to you.

I unlocked an assessment/survey but my students still cannot access the assessment/survey. What is going on?

Make sure you have unlocked the assessment for the right section of your students by looking at the “Lock settings” dialog for the right assessment. Scroll down to the “Individual student control” table and make sure your students are in the “Editable” column. Common mistakes include:

• Unlocking the assessment for the wrong section
  • Forgetting to hit “Save” at the bottom of the dialog
  • Unlocking the assessment too early - the assessment gets auto-locked in 24 hours.
  • Adding a student after unlocking the lesson.

If none of those tips work for you, please write support@code.org so that we can get you to the right person to figure out what’s going wrong.

Elizabeth

Would be helpful if this was reconfigured to allow for editable by default. Then, teachers could toggle to locked when they see fit. Figuring all this out really sucked up a lot of time for me :frowning:

@pirtlel

Thanks, I’ll pass the feedback back to the team.

Elizabeth