The pre-course survey

Hi. This is odd, indeed. It should go without saying that your students shouldn’t have access the source code of a page to get at the content :slight_smile: I suspect that some of these new student accounts are out of sync for one reason or another. Try normal things like refreshing the page, or holding ctrl while refreshing the page to clear the page cache (?)

This should not be an issue you for you moving forward. If it is, if the problem occurs again on other lockable resources, please don’t hesitate to submit a bug report or post here to the forum. We’d like to figure out the issue and nail it down.

Thanks,

Baker
CSP Team

1 Like

Hi all. Do we teachers get to see the results of the pre-course survey? When I look at the assessment/survey link and choose my course and Unit 1 from the drop down, nothing shows up. I don’t see any submit button either.

1 Like

Something to add - when I click on each student, it doesn’t show that they completed the pre-course survey. However, they all did it during class a few days ago.

@mbrunner

I assume you were able to unlock the survey by using the popout teacher panel. Individual results are not available for survey results. If at least 5 students have taken the survey, you should be able to view your aggregated results from the same menu used to unlock the survey. You can also see it from your dashboard.

Hope that works,
Andrea

2 Likes

I had difficulty with the CSP Pre-Course Survey today. About half of my students could access the survey and about half could not. I had created the section via Google Classroom two days ago. All students showed correctly as being enrolled in my section. No students had previously attempted the survey. I had unlocked the survey for all approximately 1.5 hours before class. Any ideas of cause and solution?

2 Likes

Hmm. I’ve escalated this within the engineering team to see if they can replicate. Sorry for your trouble. We’ll get back to you.

–B

Hey @randle.moore thanks for writing in. Looks like we’re going to need you to report the bug through your Code.org account for our product team to take a closer look. If you take a moment to write to support@code.org or click “Report bug” from the menu in the top right of your account we’ll be able to get the right eyes on it.

Thanks for your patience over the long holiday weekend and hopefully we’ll have this sorted for you soon.

GT

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed this - how long does the survey take to complete?

1 Like

I just adminstered this last class period. 10 minutes is a fair estimate, plus or minus 3 minutes.

2 Likes

So if you have the “Lock Settings” screen open as students are signing up it does not seem to update in real time. So if you are using multiple tabs in your browser you should watch for this.

1 Like

I cannot see the aggregated results from the pop out teacher panel or in the dashboard. My pop out menu looks like the picture you posted. What am I looking for?

1 Like

I unlocked the Pre-Survey at the beginning of class. About half the students were able to get into it, the rest were still showing as unlocked. I tried having them close their browsers, logoff, etc. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

1 Like

@lfridman Please contact support@code.org with the information about what you are experiencing. They should be able to help you out.

1 Like

@brigette.dumont

I found my results in the dashboard. Here is a snip of the top of the screen:

Hope that helps,
Andrea

2 Likes

I am new to CODE and planning on giving the survey before anything else (as recommended by CODE.org). I have added my class from Google Classroom and hope I am ready to go. I have gone into Unit 1 and selected “Hidden” on everything in the unit besides the Survey. Does this sound right? I want to show a CODE video forst then administer the survey. When students log in what will they see?

1 Like

Hi, I administered the pre-course survey at the start of this semester. I want to give everyone who took it participation points for their grade, but it will not show any results (says " Because this survey is anonymous, we can only show aggregated results once there are at least 5 submissions.") I following the tips in the earlier messages… please help!

1 Like

@soconnell On the dashboard, under the progress tab you can check to make sure the green bubbles are filled in for the Pre-Survey.

1 Like

All of the bubbles for every student are white. I remember seeing them filled in the day they took it 3 weeks ago.

@soconnell This sounds like a bug. Please reach out to support@code.org and they can assist you with the problem!

1 Like

Students need to be registered in the course before the survey can be unlocked.

1 Like