The pre-course survey

I have exactly the same problem. All of my students complete it in class the first day. I was able to look at the results that night. Now when I go to the progress tab, it is showing as incomplete for every student.

1 Like

All of the students are registered

2 Likes

Kelly, Iā€™m having a similar problem. I had some students complete the survey and show a filled purple shape. Now, when I go back to their progress, the shape is white again, as if they never completed the work. Iā€™m just concerned that this could possibly happen with assessments. Any one have any issues or feedback about this problem?

I have that same issue. Almost all of my students completed the survey last week, but some were not finished. Now all of the bubbles are white and the progress page where I normally can see the results says I did not have enough students take it.

Hi @hjanik and @lynn.garnaat,

Hm, this doesnā€™t seem to be the way the systemā€™s supposed to function.

Can you please send that description of the problem to support@code.org so they can take a look at the associated accounts? It might be helpful to include the account names of the affected students.

Meanwhile Iā€™ll let code.org staff know about the issue so itā€™s on their radar (if it isnā€™t already).

Frank

1 Like

Hi @hjanik and @lynn.garnaat,

Thanks for reporting. Our team made substantial content changes to the student survey late last week, which is why the bubbles are blank and the results view indicates that you havenā€™t had enough students submit responses. Given this, weā€™d ask that you please have your students re-take the pre-course survey. Weā€™re so sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate you bearing with us!

Jordyn

I am having difficulty with the unlocking of the pre-class survey. One class everyone was unlocked and it went well. It was all downhill from there. The next class 22 were unlocked and 6 were locked. Another class, only 2 students were able to take the survey. The third class, no-one was able to get in. I canā€™t find out how to go to an individual student account to unlock them one at a time. I canā€™t really afford anymore class time trying to get students on the survey. Please help.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with the survey. Any time I have had problems with students not having access to stuff on Code Studio, it has usually been students logging into a different version of the curriculum or using a different account to login to code studio (not the one they used to sign up for my class). Check that the url always has 2019 in it (https://studio.code.org/s/csp1-2019). This refers to the latest version of the curriculum. You and your students must be in the same version. If that all seems good, ask the students if they logged in with the same account that they used to sign up for your class. If both of these things check out, and you are still having trouble please reach out to support@code.org. They can look at individual accounts and see what is going on.

Please read my emails. The accounts for my students will not unlock! I would be glad to have them take the survey. In addition, I do not know how to access the individual student to see if I could unlock students individually. As far as results go, I can see if students have completed and their block is colored purple. However, I do not know how to get a spreadsheet or graph that shows and analyzes how my students responded to the survey questions. These issues exist in AP CSP and the discovery course. I am worried that I will have the same problem when I have the students attempt to complete the assessments. My students are correcty logged into my courses.
Joe Naas

1 Like