Trouble getting an output to read for a data set ranking...please help!

I am trying to get an app to read the output from a slider that is choosing a number from 1 - 500 to use THAT number to pull the numbered rank of that album from the greatest 500 albums as rated by Rolling Stone Data Set.

NOTE: I know I have a scroller list pattern going too.

Link to the project or level: App Lab - Code.org

First-year Computer Science Principles teacher here and I have looked all over the place trying to figure out how to do it. I suspect it is something very simple. I am so frustrated! Any help would be appreciated

Hi @jbarber ,

Cool project!

In accordance with the College Board’s guidelines for AP CS Principles Exam, we limit the debugging assistance we provide from March through the submission deadline for the Create Task.

From page 14 of the CB’s student handouts:

“you may not seek assistance in writing, revising, amending, or correcting your work, including debugging the program, writing or designing functionality in the program, testing the program, or making revisions to the program, from anyone other than your collaborative partner(s). "

Please verify this project is not part of a student’s Create Task for AP CS Principles.

If it is, we can only verify whether there is a technical issue with the platform causing the bug.
If it is not, we are happy to help locate the bug and provide guidance on fixing it!

We’re happy to help once you’ve verified that this project is not part of a student’s Create task submission.

–Michael K.

No it is solely mine. I would never ask otherwise!!!

1 Like

I changed some things around in the code. I consolidated what they had in lines 8-11 to just get the number directly, and it seems to have worked:

Old code:

New code:

Link to remixed project

I also updated lines 16-17 but I’m not sure these changes were 100% necessary.

MK

1 Like