Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Greetings All,

I am Jenn Wheeler from Spokane Washington. I run a STEAMLab for K-6th grade students. I am looking for folks with similar jobs so we can collaborate.

Chocolate cashew milk ice cream is lovely!

Привет! Меня зовут Елена.Я живу в Украине. Мне 36 лет. У меня есть сын. Ему 10 лет. Я с мужем более 10 лет работаю в сфере информационных технологий. Сейчас у моего мужа не большая фирма по предоставлению IT услуг. Недавно я заметила, что в нашем городе не так много уделяют внимания развитию компьютерной грамотности у детей. То есть, уроки информатики в школах есть, но там даются поверхностные знания. Поэтому в сентябре прошлого года я открыла частные курсы по обучению компьютерной грамотности в моем городе. На данный момент у меня обучается 17 учеников, среди которых и мой сын. Пока я обучаю их пользованию компьютером и разным интересным функциям.
Приблизительно 2 года назад я узнала про code.org. Мой сын очень любил проходить задания по игре Minecraft. Поэтому я захотела проводить такие занятия по программированию и для других детей нашего города.
Так как у меня нет образования педагога и занимаюсь я этой деятельностью как самоучка, мне интересны любые курсы, которые бы могли повысить мой уровень в преподавании.
Буду рада новым знакомствам, а также, советам.

Summary

This text will be hidden

My name is Kim Holley and I work in Salt Lake City, Utah. I teach math and science in third grade. I think it is important for my students to learn computer science, and I want to improve my lessons!

Welcome Kim! Glad you are here. Have you previously attended an in-person workshop? If not, you can register for one here. You can also reach out directly to your Utah Code.org Regional Partner through this form.

In the meantime, keep posting your questions and comments here in the teacher forum!

Happy teaching!

Megan

My name is Eulalia Matos-Pedro
I am an ESL teacher to grades K-2 in an urban district in Elizabeth, New Jersey. I like working on computers alot and would like to switch over to teaching computers to students one day soon. I would like to network with other teachers to learn more about how i can become certified to teach computers to students

My name is Trevor. I have worked a lot in technical support but have limited programming experience. I homeschool my nine year old daughter and found this concept to be amazing and easy to learn and teach. My goal is to introduce her to computer science. I live in California and my favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.

Hi. My name is Mark. I worked at an international school in Thailand, I’m a Grade 4 teacher currently. I’m quite into tech, but that interested has never extended into coding. I’m hoping I can straighten that up here. Living here, by the beach, with my wife and two kids.

Hello everyone,

My name is Erick Figueroa, I work in Pomona. I am a resource teacher. I have the opportunity to teach coding to our students in the after school program. I am looking for ways to engage students and keep them motivated to follow their curiosity.

Hello I am Kathy Harrison, a middle/high school teacher of 17 years at Newark Valley CSD in upstate NY. I have taught 10-12 grade business courses and community college adjunct at Tompkins Cortland Community College (TC3) in computer applications and web design for 16 years. I am now teaching 4th - 7th grade career, personal finance, and technology courses. I also teach an after school course in video game design, using ClickTeam Fusion software. I would love to be inspired to offer new courses in computer science curriculum.

I love teaching, coffee, pets, and family along with butter pecan ice cream!

My name is Rose Molina. I teach at an online school with the Huntington Beach Union High School District in California. I teach social science with a speciality in government and economics. I took a computer programming course in college 35 years ago. I’m sure a lot has changed! I saw the 60 Minutes segment on this site and decided to check it out. !! I just tried to upload my favorite mug and all I got was gibberish. I need to be here. LOL

Welcome! Happy to hear that the 60 Minutes segment spoke to you. We are all about lifelong learning!

My name is Karrie Varagliotti and I am a k-6 teacher/librarian in a small rural district in NE Ohio. We are just in the beginning stages of bringing computer science into our elementary. I am anxious to work my way through this course and learn more.

Welcome Karrie! I am happy to learn that you are taking the CS lead for your school. How exciting! I recommend reaching out to the Ohio Regional Partner, Battelle Education, to inquire about in-person workshops: https://studio.code.org/pd/regional_partner_contact/new

I am Finny Joseph. I live in Chennai, South India. I teach from robotics oriented coding for grade 2-9. I am looking forward to learn coding teaching strategies for Kids

Jose Trevino
Houston Texas
Texas Serenity Academy

Just signed up after seeing the segment on 60 minutes.
Do I have to wait until after I attend the in-person training during summer to implement this program or is there a way I can start it now?

Welcome Jose! Glad to hear that the 60 Minutes piece inspired you. Our curriculum is available to all; you can begin using before attending an in-person workshop. Are you registered for one? If not, I suggest doing so here: https://code.org/professional-development-workshops

Happy learning!

Megan

Hello, I am Noraini an English teacher in a public school in Malaysia. I’m teaching in a primary school. I’m joining the group to get more help on my learning and hopefully could contribute something in return.I’m zero about computer science but really passionate to learn and teach it to my children at school.

Welcome! You are definitely in the right place!

Happy learning!

This is Zukadomis from Pittsburgh, PA. I am finishing my teaching cert and this is a course requirement. I currently am a student services assistant in the Pittsburgh Public School District.

My name is Rebekah Flora and I live in Henry County, VA and work in Franklin County, VA. I am currently an instructional coach after spending 12 amazing years teaching 5th grade. I got involved in this online course to help further my understanding of computer science and coding to prepare for the computer science standards that will be taught K-5 beginning next year. I have a lot to learn, but I am so excited to do so!