Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello! I am Jen Braile, Principal of Westgate Elementary in the Edmonds School District in Washington State. We are a K-6 School of about 550 diverse learners. I am excited to go through Code PD and have a better understanding of what my teachers and students are expected to do. I am also excited to learn more about computer science!

My name is Ellie Kim and I live and work in Lynnwood, Washington. I am new to the district I am currently at. I was hired after the school year started in a 4/5 split class. I am interested in being part of this community, mainly because I student taught/subbed at my current building and had fun on Code.org when teachers have used the program. It created an environment where students felt safe to explore on their own pace and even teach me some tricks.

Hi Jen!

This is Ty Stevenson, and I represent Code’s Washington State regional partner, AVID. I’d love to chat with you more about the Code’s PD and curriculum and help direct you towards the answers of any questions you might have. Off hand, Marianne Costello–and educator in the Edmonds School District–is actually a Code.org facilitator, and might also be a good resource for you. Feel free to contact me at code@avid.org at your convenience and we can set up a time to connect after Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Ty Stevenson

Hello Ellie,

Thanks for your post! I hope you are enjoying Lynwood. My name is Ty, and I represent AVID, Code’s regional partner in Washington State. Feel free to contact me directly at code@avid.org at your convenience after Thanksgiving, as I’d love to learn more about your experiences and how we might be able to work with you to grow CS opportunities for students and staff!

Ty Stevenson

Nice to meet you, Kathy! This is Ty from AVID, Code’s regional partner in Washington State. Feel free to connect with me at your convenience at code@avid.org and we can chat about CS goings-on in the region!

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Ty

My name is Elaine S. McIlroy-Hargrove. I teach Fundamentals in our computer science class to Kindergarten through 5th grade. This is the first year for implementation of this program in Edmond Public Schools.

Last year I taught Discoveries to middle school, 6th through 8th grade, at a private parochial school. There was very little support for the program, and, in fact, the technology position was eliminated, so there went the Discoveries class.

Hey All,

My name is Kurtis Dolman, and I am a School Psychologist working in the Edmonds School District. I work primarily in the K-6 grades, and I am interested in learning more about STEM and continuing my professional development in multiple areas.

Find me on Twitter- @Kurt_14

Thank,

Kurtis Dolman