Welcome! Please introduce yourself

My name is Nikka Gaviola. I am a K-8 Learning Support Teacher at Maplewood Parent Cooperative in the Edmonds School District. I would like to incorporate coding into the Middle School Learning Support Math course that I am currently developing. In addition to learning coding skills and having fun, I think it would be a great way to practice reading and following directions and problem solving. I taught the 5th grade code.org course as a parent volunteer 3 years ago. It looks like there has been quite a lot of change. I’m excited to explore the updates. Find me on Twitter @LurningtoTeech

Hi there! My name is Kathy and I have been a teacher in Fairbanks, AK for 26 years and a resident for 45 years. I moved to Alaska in 1975. I also have a vacation rental business and have properties listed on line. My goal is to offer coding to children who want to learn a topic outside of the regular classroom curriculum.
If you have any suggestions about how you are using it or are planning a trip to Alaska, give me shout! K

Hi-
My name is Jennifer FitzGerald. I live in Lynnwood, WA and teach at Maplewood Parent Co-operative. My classroom is for students in grades 4th-7th who are medically fragile and/or have significant cognitive impairments. I am interested in being part of this community to see if code.org is appropriate for my higher functioning students as computer literacy is a very important in today’s world.

Twitter @Jennife75660260

My father is a retired teacher and programer, and years ago I took CS classes from him in high school. Curious to see all the changes that have occurred in 20+ years, and hoping to apply coding or at least CS concepts to my classroom.

Favorite ice cream: reese’s peanut butter cup, or mint oreo.

Hello all! My name is Betsy Tate. I’m a 3rd grade teacher in Mountlake Terrace, Washington. I’ve been using Code in my classes already, but I would really like to teach it more effectively. I love it, but have let kids explore and collaborate to learn with occasional lesson nuggets as opposed to setting a schedule and teaching official lessons. I’m joining this community because I’m hoping to learn from others’ experiences as I work through this course.

Find me on Twitter: BetsyTa15299910

I love so many ice cream flavors, I don’t have one favorite. I love most flavors with real fruit chunks, coffee, peanut butter ribbons…mm, now I’m craving some ice cream!