Welcome to CS Discoveries: Introduce yourself

I am new to CS and Middle School. I will be teaching 5-8 CS this year!! Wish me luck!!

Hi, I’m Alex.
I teach grades K - 8.
I plan to teach at least the first 4 units of CS Discoveries.
I am most excited to start journaling with my students.

My name is Thomas, I teach 6th grade this year. I plan to teach the default units as listed in the resource packet this year. I’m most excited about having the opportunity to get students engaged in computer science.

HI! My name is Tammy Bungart, I teach 7-8th grade students, and plan to use all units this year. I am just learning about CS Discoveries this week.

Hello! My name is Kasey Willison and I teach 7th grade science and 7/8 Digital Media. I plan to teach through the Code.Org CS Discoveries curriculum with my students. I am most excited to explore these tools with my students and show them the world of CS!

Hello, my name is Tracy, I teach 6-8 computer science.
I plan to teach unit 1-3 for this year
Unit of animation and game design seems fun and challenge.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ahmed Salem, and this is my second year teaching computer science. I am excited to use CS Discoveries and look forward to teaching the following units:

• AI and Machine Learning
  • Computer Science Discoveries
  • Creating Apps with Devices (Circuit Playground)
  • Creating Apps with Devices (micro:bit)
  • Data and Society
  • Focus on Coding (CS Discoveries)
  • Focus on Creativity (CS Discoveries)
  • Focus on Data (CS Discoveries)
  • Focus on Design with Purpose (CS Discoveries)

I am particularly excited to use the Web Lab and Game Lab, as they resemble Scratch but are more advanced and intelligent.

Hi! My name is Jill Schenk and will be teaching one computer science class for grades 9-12. I plan to use the yearlong curriculum for the CS Discoveries class, but don’t expect to get through it all for my first year teaching this. I am excited for students to problem solve more on their own and try the coding activities.

My name is Denise Perez and I teach HS Science :test_tube:
I will also be teaching CS Discoveries in an asynchronous virtual setting.
I am not sure which units I will be teaching yet but I am excited to bring this curriculum to my students so that they are exposed to the content and maybe inspire some of them to pursue future studies and careers in CS.

My name is Sam Stephens and I will be teaching CS Discoveries at Frontier High School. This is my first time teaching CS. I am learning a lot and am excited about CS Discoveries.

My name is Kassidy Stewart. I am going to be teaching CS Discoveries: Focus on Coding section to 7th and 8th Grade students. I am excited about the activities and lesson plans already sequences and written out for me!

Hola! Mi nombre es Cecilia y enseño informĂĄtica en 6Âș grado de educaciĂłn primaria.
Empezaremos a ver Inteligencia Artificial para océanos. ¥Estoy muy emocionada!

Hello! My name is Angela. I will teach Computer Science elective to 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students. Do any one have a Pre-Assessment I can use? What level in CS Fundamentals should I start my students at? This will be their first time coding this year. Please advise. Thank you!!!

Hello,
My name is Megan and I will be teaching 6-8th grade.
Each grade level will be working on a different course within the program.
This summer I took a website development class using html. So that is one thing I am interested in, but I think the thing that I am most excited about is getting the students to use the problem-solving strategies and seeing what they can come up with. I love STEM

Gordon LeVasseur here. This year will be teaching a technology class for seventh grade students. There is currently no curriculum so I am planning on using CS Discoveries and peppering in some Digital Citizenship lessons from Common Sense Media.

Danish Commercial High School teacher diving into teaching “basic information technology”

Hi from Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women in Rochester, NY! This will be my first time teaching MS technology and I am diving in feet first. I am creating curriculum for Tech 6, 7, and 8, so I have a lot to do in little time. Tech 8 will use the The Design Process course then I’d love to add another App creation course or one related to AI. Any suggestions are greatly apprecaiated.
Have a great year!

Ryan here. Completing the CS Discoveries course. I teach AP CS A and an Honors CS course.

Dave Cook
I will be teaching middle school and high school
For the fall semester, I will be teaching Focus on Data
I am a new teacher and my predecessor’s class was called “Keyboarding” so I am excited to introduce computer science to my school!

• What is your name? Chris H
  • What grade levels do you teach? 8-12th grade
  • Which units of CS Discoveries do you plan to teach this year? Everything besides the web development stuff.
  • What in CS Discoveries are you most excited about? I love coding and can’t wait to teach it.