ECS Forum Introductions (16-17 school year)

Hello fellow Dallas ISD teacher. Are you a tech teacher?

Hello! My name is Sabrina and I teach at W. E.Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy and I teach Technology Applications and Introduction to Robotics. My credentials include an A.A., B.S. in Public Administration, MM/HRM with certifications in the following areas: 1. Technology Applications EC-12, 2. Business Education 6-12 and 3. Social Studies 4-8. Last, my hobbies include travel and music.

Hello to you as well and yes, I teach Technology Applications and Introduction to Robotics.

Hello! My name is Al Scheibner and I teach 7th & 8th grade 3D Design & Modeling, Automation & Robotics and now Code.org classes at Marysville Middle School in Marysville, Washington. My hobbies are flying drones I build myself, reading and ocean fishing.

Hello my name is Ashley and I teach in a suburban school outside of Richmond, VA. This is my 2nd year teaching this course and I am excited to incorporate the ECS curriculum into my IT Fundamentals class next year.

I’m Karen Podell from Westfield High School in Indiana. I’ve taught programming in various languages for many years. I love the code.org ECS and CSP curriculums for teaching the broad concepts of CS!

1 Like

My name is Mike Roundtree; I have been teaching for 21.475 years as of June 2016; I have been waiting for 25 or more years to get involved in teaching CS in high school and I am glad to finally have that chance. I hope that my students learn from the course and I also hope that they enjoy. If that happens then the experience for them and myself will be successful. I teach at Daniel Hale Williams School of Preparatory Medicine.

Hello everyone, my name is Shane Wines. I’m a second year teacher teaching ECS. My bachelors is in CS and i’m excited to have this opportunity to teach what i’m passionate about! I also teach Digital Electronics & Foundations of Technology. I’m currently enjoying my summer off like the rest of you and look forward to progressing along side you all as we teach ECS this year!

My name is Ashley Smith. I was just hired to teach FOCS in Calvert County, MD. I have been teaching Intro to Computers for the past 4 years, but this is my first time using CODE.ORG…I’m excited about building the CS program at my school. I love to spend time traveling, shopping, and being with my family.

I am a member of the 2016-17 cohort of Nextech’s ECS PD. We just finished phase 2.

You can learn more about me at DrThomasHo.com

My name is Jennie Peitz. I teach Business courses (and now ECS) in Talbot County, Maryland. This is my 9th year of teaching.

Hello! I am Matt Helming and I teach at St. Charles High School in Waldorf, MD. I am heavily involved in the Technology and Engineering programs in my District and look forward to ECS.

Hi everyone, I’m Roxanne Sanderson from Charles County, MD and I just finished my 2nd year of teaching. I am a science teacher, but I have a background in programming. Two of my hobbies are singing and color pencil art.

Hi! I’m Desiree Glass. I have 12 years of teaching experience in St. Mary’s County (MD) Public Schools. I enjoy writing, sightseeing, kayaking, and church activities.

Hi, I’m Keri Warren from Houston, Texas, and I teach 8th grade Algebra and Pre-Algebra. I’ve been teaching math for about 10 years (after first working as an economic analyst and then as a stay-at-home-mom) and have seen my own kids as well as my students gravitate toward everything related to computers. The kids need (and want) computer science. I have very little programming experience (a class in Python) but am anxious to give this a go. My hobbies include tennis, rowing, the outdoors, travel, and great food.

Hi all, I’m Kris Beck and I teach middle school STEM Lab in Chicago Public Schools. I’ve been teaching CS for the past two years, this will be my third. I love the way my students really enjoy coding.

Greetings from sunny Yakima, Washington. I’m Holli Wolcott, and I teach Business Communications and Microsoft Office Academy at Stanton Academy (high school). I’m looking forward to adding ECS to our school this year! In my free time I like to act, read, cook, garden, work out, and serve as a barista at church.

Hi, I’m Chanly Kong. I’m a math teacher at Heritage High School (Perris Union High School District) I am going into my 12th year of teaching and I’m excited to teach something that is not just math.

I’m Michele from Indiana. This is my 17th year in the public school teaching business and Microsoft Office to middle school and high school students.

I’m Hallie, a 2nd year teacher at Back of the Yards H.S., a Chicago Public School. My previous computer science experience is mostly in high energy physics, studying heavy ion collisions with the CMS Collaboration at the LHC. Aside from teaching, I’m also an enthusiastic FTC Robotics Coach at my school, and I enjoy being involved in my (also my school’s) neighborhood.