CS Discoveries 5-Day Summer Workshop '20

I learned that even though we are not person-to-person, the facilitators made it work, and I learned more about Computer Science in general as well as gaining access to so many wonderful resources to guide me along the way as I delve into this area even more!

I learned that there is a HUGE amount of resources on code.org to help teach this course!

This online workshop was useful in learning how to become proficient in using the Code.org, specifically CS discoveries resources. I feel more confident in my ability to deliver the class to a student group as a club or class.

This is Day 5 of our 6-Day workshop and I am grateful to have gone through lessons, a plethora of resources in the Teacher Forum, collaboration/networking with other VA teachers, a 100% virtual course experience to prepare for the upcoming school year, and excellent information presented from our instructors: Michael Crespo, Susan Jinks, and Pam Fayman. This course used Zoom as the virtual meeting place (classroom) where we received instruction, guidance, and academic material via links through chat or Google presentations. I am glad to be a “student” as it gives me insight on how to manage my upcoming virtual classes this Fall.

I have learned how to navigate the curriculum and the lesson plans that are available for us. I’ve been able to brainstorm ways to extend the lessons as well.

Utilizing the Forum as a resource to share what works with others and additionally modify resources shared from educators is extremely beneficial.

I also learned how it is easy to select and modify any parts of the unit that are specifically geared to my students’ needs and our classroom goals.

Spending time switching between student and teacher perspectives has helped greatly to see what kind of issues the students may run into during class. It is an excellent feature.

I learned a lot about coding in how to make a website and how to make it creative. This is truly a place where we can find help from.

Great workshop, extremely informative for a “newbie” like myself. It was also great working in the “break out” rooms because we got the opportunity to learn from our cohorts.

I was able to learn some html. I love the
and

tags. I learned something new
1 Like

I learned how to use the feedback feature and link to my google classroom!

I learned how detailed the code.org curriculum is (resources packed) and this amazing support forum/message board.