CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop 2019

Motivated to try this curriculum in my classroom. Glad that I have an additional curriculum to use!

1 Like

I have learned a lot of new tools to use in the classroom to get my students interested in coding!

1 Like

This workshop has definitely provided concrete ways to implement, accommodate, and explore these lessons with all ages of students!

1 Like

From one teacher who has never used html, I feel like I can feel comfortable teaching it now!

1 Like

I learned that the Pacific NW Tree Octopus isn’t a thing. And I’m so sad about it :frowning:

1 Like

My website that I have been “working” on is about Squirrel Lives Matter. It describes squirrels like to eat nuts and shove them in their cheeks while running across the road and causing accidents.

1 Like

It’s been great to see how other teachers would facilitate the different lessons!

1 Like

Great content for describing computer networking and computer science concepts at a high level. I think students will enjoy the activities.

1 Like

I learned about life. It was awesome.

1 Like

I have learned that CS Discoveries is very thought out and structured and that, even though I will be the only CSCI teacher in my school, I have plenty of resources available.

:sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I have learned that coding isn’t as scary, frustrating or stressful as it thought I would be!

1 Like

I have enjoyed all of the time to explore the curriculum and working with other teachers to hear what they do in their schools and classrooms! What a great week!!

1 Like

I’m excited to share with my students- I think this is going to be a great experience for both myself and students.

1 Like

I am learning so much at this workshop, I am excited to introduce this program to my school.

1 Like

I have learned more about the dashboard and I am feeling more comfortable getting my class going on coding

1 Like

It was great to review html tags and debugging strategies!

1 Like

So far, this has been a wonderful training with great information to bring back to the classroom. I am feeling motivated to get a semester calendar filled in and printed so I can have my first semester prepped and ready to go!

1 Like

I have been learning new strategies, tips and tricks from the facilitators and from other teachers as well. So far it has been an awesome workshop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am so ready to rock start this year!

2 Likes

I have learned some amazing teaching strategies this week and cannot wait to show what an awesome Lead Learner I am to my students!!!

1 Like