CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop 2019

I have learned the basics for CODE- and had alot of fun.

1 Like

I am excited to begin teaching CSD!!

We have learned a lot about html coding. We have been collaborating with fellow educators from around the state!

Hey everyone! I have learned that the bushes in the front are itchy, I’m better at rock, paper, scissors than I thought, and that coding is pretty great and easier than I thought it would be! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have relearned that distraction and other tasks are the best way to deal with life’s stress. I also learned that there are other weirdos in education, and, for this, I thank you ALL!
#tryflection #stayweirdmyfriends

1 Like

We have learned about tags involved with HTML.

This forum has so many resources, and coding is actually not as intimidating as I thought it would be!

This workshop has helped me feel more confident delivering this content to my students next year.

Today is day 3 of the workshop. Our presenters are great!

Computer science is its own social justice movement!

The class started off slow but we are rollin now can’t wait to be a web designer :slight_smile:

Feeling more confident in teaching CS Discoveries!

I learned how to use code.org’s tools to see my students’ progress

I learned to use the forums to ask for help and utilize my fellow code.org people!

Great workshop that I feel confident in.

Learned the Flippy Dooooo

Wahoo! I have learned a lot of information about coding and CSS styling. The snake was difficult but very satisfying! :slight_smile:

My favorite thing I have learned is think, pair, share. This will be awesome to use in the classroom and give the students more opportunities to discuss their thoughts about a topic we are learning.

I have learned how to use HTML and CSS. I have also learned how to setup a class section and look at student work.

I have learned so much. I am really looking forward to starting school this year because I will fill better prepared to use the material that I have gotten and the knowledge learned to assist my students.