Multiple Choice Responses

I’m looking in the teacher dashboard and am wondering if there is an easy way to get a snapshot of how students responded to multiple choice questions. I don’t see these under “Text Responses” or under “Assessments/Surveys”. Am I missing something?

Are you talking about the Check your Understanding multiple choice questions at the end of the lessons? If yes, I don’t think there is one place for you to see all student responses. You have to look at the responses for each question one student at a time by scrolling through the students in the Teacher Panel on the right of each stage (see pic). Only the responses to assessment questions appear under “Assessments/Surveys”.

Yes that is what I’m talking about. I want to see a summary of my class and how they answered those multiple choice questions. I want to see if everyone got them right or if there was there one question that many people got wrong, It looks to me like there is not even a way to export that information as a .csv (like you can for the written responses). It takes too much time to click through each student one at a time for each question and record their result by hand to see what percentage of the class got each question right or wrong.

Ooops! I didn’t realize students got immediate feedback as the whether their multiple choice response is right or wrong.

And they can resubmit as many times as they want!

Hi @epsteingh!

Students do get immediate feedback on those multiple choice checks for understanding. For the text responses, you can download those into a CSV file and review/grade those responses as you wish.

To do this:

• Go to your dashboard and view your sections.
  • Then click on the name of the section you want to look at.
  • This will take you to a new screen where you can see student progress.
  • Click on the tab at the top that says “Text Responses”
  • Select the unit you want to look at - this will pull up student responses in a grid
  • Click on the button that says “Download CSV”

I hope that helps a little bit!
Kaitie