Never swim alone: The "Find a Buddy" Thread

Hi Stephanie! I work for a Cyber School. Can you send me the info for the cohort meeting? I’d love to go if I can.

Oh sorry, I just got back into this forum.
The cohort meeting was really amazing. Carnegie Mellon is very interested in helping CS teachers in the Pgh area.
The contact to get info would probably be Dr. Imbarlina, principal of Hampton HS. She organized the day and is preparing a survey next so we can plan the next thing to do.
imbarlinam@ht-sd.org

Hi all,

My name is JP and I am seeking a buddy or a mentor. I am starting a coding club at the preschool/juku I work at in Oita Japan and wondering if there is anyone in Japan that can possibly give tips/advice. Thanks everyone!

This is a long shot, but I’m a 3rd grade international school teacher in Vietnam. Are there any other teachers here working abroad, would be interested in discussing strategies for teaching code to ESL learners?

I would really love to partner with someone and share insights. Its a gray area for me here in Liberia as I embark on a mission in introducing CS to Students at various colleges

be mi buddo
bob gernal dert

Hello I need a buddy. I just finished training in CSP. I was wondering, when my students come in to class on 8/20, where do I start?

Welcome to the CSP family, cugwuh. Prior to Aug 20th, set up your class section(s). On day 1, start with Unit 1, Lesson 1. Getting the students into the curriculum will be the best way to get them excited about the course.

Thank you. I am setting up the class and exploring code.org website

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use and/or disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Texas Government Code 552.023, Texas Education Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)©). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a code buddy/mentor in North Carolina.

Buddy Wanted: Ukraine, Kyiv, UTC+3

Hi everyone, I’m going to teach children of all ages (and some adults) CS Fundamentals and in need of good resources and guidance.
Looking for online and offline support chatting and help.

Hi! Are you still interested in a buddy? I’m in the US, but I’d love to be partners!

I am in Edmonds Wa about 20 minutes north of Seattle.

Wow, this thread looks dead. But I’m available for something like this if anyone sees this. I’m in San Bernardino, CA, but I don’t see any reason to limit myself to pairing up with someone local.

I did not even see this until today. Hopefully, it is still active. Is anyone wanting to be my buddy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grinning:

Seeking for some experience sharing!

Hi!! I’m from Chile and starting the teachers course so we can get Computer Science to be taught on public schools over here. If there’s somebody around that wants to share their experience on teaching I would love to get in touch!!

I 'm China,Are there any Chinese teacher,reply me,let’s together to discover CS , I’m alone,I’m here