Unit 2 lesson 13 - share 'copy link to project' not working

Trying to share final project but the ‘copy link to project’ isn’t working. I can send it to my phone and it opens with no problem. please help!

@tmartin,

I tried the “copy link to project” and it worked. I was able to copy and paste to another tab. When I sent it to my phone, I could also see and copy the link there (on my phone) so that may be a workaround for you if you could copy it from your phone and send it where it needs to be? You can also try logging out and back in to see if that doesn’t clear something up or even a different browser. You may need to contact support if the problem persists.

~Michelle

Thanks Michelle for the advice but it still isn’t working. I’ll contact support.

Alternatively, you could also just copy the URL from the address bar.

The URL takes me back to my workspace. How can I view just my website?

Do you have the “share” option enabled for the class?

Since I’m not sure what you are talking about, that would be no. How do I enable that?

I know just how to solve this!! you need your account that’s not a student, you can change that in settings (i think). that way you can copy the link and share it with others in the app lab, game lab, and other labs.

I do this so I can share my cool cat games with others.

My settings say that I am a verified teacher.

1 Like

maybe try reloading the site, and then try again

@tmartin,

I had assumed you could share so that is another suggestion. Here is an article that outlines how to enable sharing if you still need a solution.

~Michelle

I tried that several times. Thanks for trying to help, but I don’t think it’s going to work I’m going to move on to unit 3. .

@tmartin,

Does the “copy link to project” button change colors when you click it? If so, it should have copied? The only reason I bring this up is that this behavior is different this year than it has been in previous years. In the past, they show you the link to copy, but now, the button just changes colors (from dark purple to light purple) and then you have to go to the URL bar (or even an open document) and use CTRL+V on a PC or CMD+V on a MAC to paste the URL.

I preferred the previous way because seeing the URL was a little easier for my students than the new way because they click the button and the color of the button changes just a little, but it’s not obvious to them that the link has been copied.

If that still isn’t working for you though, I guess contacting support@code.org would be the best solution.

Good luck!

Mike

Thank you Mike. That is the answer I was looking for. Now I can pass the info along to my students.

1 Like