Using Graphs in App lab

I have a student who is trying to put his data into a graph
The graph is working but no matter how we change the dimensions in design the chart is off-center and cuts off the words on the right side of the app.
Is there anything we can do to fix this or is this an issue with code.org?

A link to the project in question would be helpful.

Here is a link to the student’s project

Looks to me that it’s just white lettering on a white background. When I hovered over the pie chart, I could see that the % sign was with the numbers because it was highlighted. The student could either change the color of the font on the chart or change the color of the background & I’m thinking it should be visible.

@fayecd,

The chart function used by code.org is based on the Google Charts API. I did a search to see if there was a way to format pie slice labels and it doesn’t appear there is one. There still may be a way to fix it, but the searches I made showed that this is sometimes an issue and in the past has been considered a Google bug.

I wasn’t able to find an easy way to fix it, but maybe someone with more experience than I has a workaround?

Please report back if you figure it out and I hope someone else sees this if they have a potential solution.

Good luck!

Mike

1 Like

Thank you so much for the new information. I will let him know