Viewing student progress in past courses

Hi there–

I was wondering if there was a way to view student progress in courses other than the one currently assigned to them. I have a Girls Who Code club, and I know some of them have taken classes in the past that incorporated certain code.org activities. In order to not repeat, I’d love to see which lessons they have and have not done already.

Any ideas?

Kate

@kfunderburk,

If you were the teacher, you should be able to see it, but if it was with another teacher, I think you would have to create a section of the exact course they were enrolled in with the other teacher and then have them join it. At that point, you would be able to see what they did in that other course.

The only other way, I think, would be for them to show you after they signed in.

thanks,

Mr. Wood

@mwood Can you show me exactly how to view a student’s past progress on previously assigned section? I can’t seem to see this information once I move them to another section. Thanks

@cstechcoder , did you add them to the exact same course and same version of the course (ie, the same year?). If so, when you click on the student information, it should show what they have completed.

If you assign them to a newer version of the same course, you won’t see any progress.

Their progress should be attached to the specific course they completed and their account.

If you are looking at the same course and same version and not seeing progress, you may want to reach out to support@code.org so they can look at the specific courses.

thanks,

Mike