Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Mi nombre es Luz Lagos Valenzuela, soy Chilena, profesora de educación diferencial, en una escuela de la comuna de Yerbas Buenas, me intereso ser parte de esta comunidad primero para formarme y luego para disminuir la brecha de mis estudiantes con respecto a tecnología.

Hello! My name is Esther Tom. I teach 1st grade at Hilltop Elementary in Lynnwood, WA. I’ve taught Code.org to my 1st graders for a few years now and am interested in joining this community (and doing the Code.org professional online development) so that I can improve my teaching practice. I want to teach coding with fidelity and feel confident when I assist students who struggle with coding.

Hello!
My name is Erin Graham, I am a first year ParaEducator in Mountlake Terrace, WA. I am also a parent of a second grader at the same school.
I am interested in learning more about CS because it is the future and our students should be learning the skills that will help them succeed in life.
My child learned coding last year in first grade and it was incredible to see her be able to do/learn it and the things she could create.
I am excited to assist school staff and students with the skills I’ll have after this course.

Hi Everybody,
My name is Amy Thompson and I am a third grade teacher in the Edmonds area which is a suburb just outside of Seattle. I teach third grade and love what I do. I laugh with my students every day and that brings me a certain joy I don’t find anywhere else.
An interesting fact about me is that buttery popcorn is my favorite snack and I eat it using chopsticks. I do this so I don’t get greasy fingers and it helps moderate the speed at which I eat.
Here’s to an amazing 2022, my fellow educators and programmers

Hi. I am Eryn Duffee. I am a school librarian in Edmonds, Washington. My school is k-12 and our students are homeschoolers. This gives me a unique opportunity to teach classes based on student need and family interests. I want to be able to give my students more tech-based skills because much of their home based learning is very analog.

Good Morning,
I am Michael White teaching from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. We have recently been put back into a Lockdown and are entering another section of vitural learning. I thought it would be a great time to start to focus on coding as all students will have access to a computer. Happy New Year everyone!

Hi my name is Hillary Hubacker Washington state. I teach Deaf and Hard of Hearing 7th and 8th graders. I’m excited to learn more about coding and computer science so I can pass the skills on to my students. Computer science is something that can and should be open to anyone who’s interested regardless of disability, (or gender, race, etc).

Hello Faith. My name is Ruth and I am also a homeschool mom and I’m trying to introduce coding to my children using code.org We are also part of a homeschool coop and I’m looking to teach coding… I was wondering if I can get some ideas from you on how you’ve taught your students coding using code.org

Thank you!

Hello, I am Caroline Gaskill from Washington State. I am an elementary instructional technology coach and am joining this discussion as part of a STEM course.

Hello! My name is Dennise Wadsworth and I teach Dev. Pre-K in Washington State. I am excited to be a part of this community because I know I will learn great ideas from other amazing teachers! Because I work with younger students, I am always on the lookout for ways to lay the foundation for these important skills.

I’m Michelle Ringer-Olson from Washington State. I teach Special Education Resource K-6.

I’m Penny Seible. I live in Seattle, WA. I am currently teaching 5th grade. Code.org has been become an adopted curriculum in my district. I have used it off and on for a few years now, but am wanting to really dig in and start using it as intended. I would also like to lead my school into a deeper use of it as well. I am looking forward to learning from the many teachers who have prioritized it into daily use.

Hola mi nombre es David Bustamante, Vivo e Tulua, Colombia, trabajo en un proyecto de robotica educativa junto con mi esposa y varios colegas de trabajo llamado MyRoboTech, le eseñamos a niños desde los 4 años en adelante, tenemos al igual adultos. Participamos con varias ciudades, en colegios y universidades que desean aprender la robotica educativa. Me interesa mucho todo este tema de la programacion y me ha encantado code.org por ser una herramienta pedagogica que facilidad para enseñanza a los chicos y chicas las ciencias de la computacion. Me encantaria ser profesor con el reconocimiento que da Code.org me gustaria saber mas. Gracias y saludos a todos los profesores de la comunidad.

My name is Emily Kanin. I live in Edmonds and teach at Brier Elementary, 3rd Grade. I’m interested in being a part of this community so I can keep up with my techy students.

Hello, my name is Jenni Hanson. I teach in Washington State, in the Edmonds School District. I teach 6th grade, which is still in elementary school for us. I am interested in being part of this community to learn more about bringing computer science to my classroom as another way of engaging my students.

Mi nombre es Bruno. Analista de Sistemas. Quilpué - V Región - Chile.
Saludos.
Motivado por la enseñanza, por aprender mejores técnicas y volcar la experiencia en la educación de las nuevas generaciones.

Saludos a todos, mi nombre es Julio Mollo, soy titulado de ingeniería en informática, pero me he dedicado en mis primeros años de profesión a la enseñanza, primero universitaria, pero ahora estoy haciendo talleres y cursos de programación para alumnos de entre 12 y 17 años. Empecé hace 3 años con muy poca experiencia en la enseñanza de la programación, pero a lo largo de estos años he mejorado mi habilidad de para enseñar, y ahora con este curso busco perfeccionarme aun más y poder transmitir lo maravilloso de este mundo de la programación.

My name is Champrea Frye. I live in Georgia, and I teach 5th grade at Resurgence Hall Middle Academy. I am interested in being a part of this community because I understand that the world has been transformed into a digital oasis, and I want and need to prepare my scholars for it! Afterall, who doesn’t yearn to teach others the maximum means for success?

Hello! I am Lindsay Hafft and I am teaching computer science for the 1st time.

Hola, mi nombre es Alicia Ahumada, soy de Vicuña, región de Coquimbo, país Chile. Soy docente técnico profesional de la carrera de administración mención RRHH del colegio Leonardo da Vinci de Vicuña, trabajo con estudiantes entre los 14 y 18 años. Actualmente tengo a cargo un taller de computación para primeros y segundos medios y en la última unidad del año me gustaría enseñarles a programar. Estoy muy feliz de comenzar este camino en Code.org y compartir mi experiencia con todos ustedes.