YouTube Channel with Solutions

Good evening fellow coders and educators!

I wanted to bring this YouTube channel to the attention of the group, if it has not already been mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/@KurtKaiserUS

It appears that this creator has posted tutorial videos for the make projects of the CSP program. This is very frustrating and disappointing, as it discourages self-learning and discovery. It also adds yet another avenue for students to plagiarize their projects.

Has anyone else had issues with students using these resources for their projects?

1 Like

Hi @racines,

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately, the short answer is that since Code.org is under a Creative Commons license, users such as this one are free to publish videos such as those.

Here’s another thread on the topic that’s gotten some attention over the years.

–Michael K.

I do not see a problem with this. It is easy enough for students to us AI to generate answers and write code. Work with partners etc. You have some options like hiding the levels from students so they cannot work on them at home. You could also only allow students to work on practice, and make levels in class as well as the final project. I like the fact that the channel exists. Students who miss class or want to “check” their work can use the channel. Similar to having the odd number answers in the back of a math textbook. It is up to the student to want to complete their own work. If they do not want to do it they will find a way to get it done alternatively. The YouTube channel is not in itself a problem.