CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop Sharing!

I love meeting with teachers who all have such great ideas for teaching CS!

2 Likes

I learned how to use CSS within HTML coding.

2 Likes

I am excited to listen and talk to other teachers about how they are implementing the code.org curriculum.

2 Likes

I appreciate the framework of the lessons and instructional techniques. I still have a great deal of work before I’m ready to implement the curriculum, but the resources provided in the workshop were unbelievably valuable.

1 Like

The driver and navigator pairing strategy, to me, gave an excellent explanation and illustration of the way partners should work together.

1 Like

I’ve learned to use html and css. I’m so excited to share this with my students!

I’ve learned better how to effectively implement the lessons on code.org for my students.

I’m excited about HTML and CSS. It is bringing me back to my Myspace days and reminding me that we all used to get that kind of coding experience in our daily lives, but our current students don’t have that experience, so playing around with it will be new (and fun and exciting and DISTRACTING) for them! Super excited!

This week one thing I’ve learned is the basics of html and will continue to improve my skills in preparing for the school year.

I learned how to be a better lead learner.

I am halfway done with my Michigan 5 day training, and I am loving! There is so much support and information here!

I enjoy the collaboration that this workshop allows for. I am looking forward to implementing these practices in my classroom!

Me too! Great information, great facilitators, great learners, and great food!

I once had a Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus as a pet. I am very excited that Code.org has included them within the research!

2 Likes

I once ate my neighbor’s Pacific NW Tree Octopus out of necessity. I didn’t want to, and was relieved to find in my code.org training that they did not really exist. Now I am wondering what I really ate. I am also excited to implement everything that I have learned during this summer.

1 Like

I’m really excited to have students write html and style.css. Making things colorful and different is fun!

1 Like

I learned that it is okay to make mistakes.

1 Like

I loved being able to actually debug some code!

1 Like

I’m here in Eagle River, WI and I learned about creative commons, HTML, CSS this week. It’s fantastic to work with energetic educators in the CS field!

1 Like

I learned how to use the CSS coding and include it with the HTML coding.

1 Like