CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop Sharing!

CSS allows for consistency across web pages and allows designer to edit one tag that impacts all pages.

1 Like

I have learned a little bit about HTML, and Iā€™m beginning to learn about CSS. However, the most important piece that Iā€™ve learned this week is how to navigate the website so that I can efficiently find the things that I need!

1 Like

I have learned how to baby code a website in HTML and I am super excited. I also learned how to change color, font size, font type and how to re-align. I canā€™t wait to see what my kids create!!!

1 Like

I had a GREAT time at the Teachercon Conference in Atlanta,GA. This conference has equipped me with additional resources and instructional strategies that will assist with incorporating Computer Science in the lives of the middle school students that I teach.

1 Like

This is really awesome!

I am really thrilled you feel more equipped. Welcome to the Code.org family

I learned about the curriculum and pacing that I will be teaching this coming school year.

I really enjoy the way code.org has the curriculum set up for student discovery rather than teacher lecture and demonstration!

1 Like

Currently half-way through our 5 Day Workshop. I have learned so much from both the facilitators and my fellow educators. So far, the most useful thing I have learned this week is how to create a collaborative classroom environment by using unplugged activities to create shared prior experiences for everyone in the room.

1 Like

This class has been interesting. I am learning so much. Today it was fun to use CCS to add style to my webpage.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never used CSS in website development and really enjoyed it today!

2 Likes

I am on day 3ā€¦almost over. I could probably write this in HTML now!
I am excited to try this outā€¦ fake it 'till I make it. I feel like I would have a lot of supportā€¦
expect my email!! :blush:

2 Likes

I liked the idea of Pair programming, but also that unplugged can be awesome!

2 Likes

This week, I have learned a bit about how to implement pair programming and also how to best incorporate quick CFUs during lab heavy work.

1 Like

This week, I learned important skills in delivering CS topics to a grade level I have not previously taught!

1 Like

It has been great to finally be able to collaborate with my peers who are teaching the same thing as I am!

1 Like

I appreciate how thorough this curriculum is. And also how much effort was put into making the class hands-on.

1 Like

This week I have enjoyed learning methods that support kids as they discover computer science. I hope to integrate this lessons and principles successfully in the classroom.

2 Likes

Learning much more about copyright and Creative Commons. Definitely have to own, (be responsible for) what you put online.

2 Likes

I love videosā€¦Can you provide a link to the specific page with the video? That would be great!

1 Like