CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop Sharing!

Learned about creative commons. Looking forward to going to the aquarium tonight with our WV Regional Partner!!!

1 Like

I learned how to put in an image.

I love how the programming app invites exploration by offering suggestions as students type. It encourages discovering learning, even by accident!

1 Like

In our 5 day summer workshop, I learned many strategies not only to implement CS standards in our middle schools, but also now have elevator speeches for talking with local/state leaders, business and industry leaders, teachers and admins, CS resources in the community.

1 Like

Activity before Content / Concept before Vocabulary

1 Like

Computer Science teachers are epic!

1 Like

I didn’t think I would like the unplugged activities or see value in them. However, I have come to learn, even in this short week, they are ESSENTIAL!

1 Like

What a great training! It is great to be treated so well and provided with such a rich resource.

1 Like

I learned about paired programming and know that my students will love it!

1 Like

I am happy to see the high quality of the videos embedded in the lessons!

1 Like

This has been a great . The TLO’s have been extremely helpful. They give us an idea of the pacing that will be needed to complete the lessons in our classroom.

1 Like

I have learned so much! I was so nervous as I had no experience with coding. I’ve learned HTML, how to format text on a website, and how easy it is to incorporate coding into other content classes. I’m so excited to bring this back to the classroom.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
I’m a 6th grade ELA teacher looking to implement some close reading with debugging and liken citing sources to creative commons. I’m also interested in introducing code as another language we can learn.
This workshop has been very enjoyable and I love that it’s paid for. I’m not ready to go home in 2 days.
Thank you,
Warm Regards,
Savannah

1 Like

html and css are fun to learn.

1 Like

CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop has taken the fear out of teaching and learning coding with my students. It has given me the confidence to roll out the program this coming school year.

1 Like

After experiencing paired programming firsthand, I’m considering how I will randomly pair my students so they have opportunities to work with someone different for each unit or activity.

1 Like

I have some AMAZING lesson plans. I especially love the card game algorithm activity.

1 Like

I have enjoyed learning how to type some html code…and loved the lesson sharing.

1 Like

I learned how to access the tools in the Code.org site. This allowed me to understand how to access different resources that I had struggled with before. It was nice to have help and a support group around me to help when I got stuck.

1 Like

I have always been curious about HTML and CSS and now I’ve had the chance to learn it!

1 Like