CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop Sharing!

This summer course was the BEST!!! :slight_smile: Cant wait to do it again!!! LOVE IT!!!
My Partner Blisse Was the Best, she’s so smart! I’ll never be as smart as she is!!!

1 Like

Terri,

Welcome to the forum, sorry about the brain… but hopefully it hurts so good full of knowledge!

Check back often with questions or assistance!

Brad

Krystyl,

Welcome to the forum - many teachers have found it VERY helpful.

Brad

Elena,

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear you started your programming journey with HTML/CSS!

Brad

Alice,

Welcome to the forum, glad you can apply everything so quickly!

Brad

Jenny,

Welcome to the forum, pair programming can be very powerful and I’ve used it in other classes with great success, not just a computer science tool!

Brad

Joshua,

Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoyed your week!

Brad

We have been learning the awesome TLO method of learning/teaching and my group just completed our TLO on Search Engines. It was so fun and went super fast! :heart:

I’ve learned a lot, but I am partial to CSS.

I really enjoyed the programming learning and hands-on.activities. This is a terrific fit for our district!

I learned what the Discoveries curriculum includes and how I can implement it in the next year.

Scavenger Hunt Post: This week has helped me learn and understand the importance of self discovery for our students!

I learned that could take out parts of lessons/change them - with minimum background knowledge I had been following lesson plans pretty completely which was making things long and drawn out for some things.

Pair programming is a new technique for next year, and HTML is my rest-of-summer exploration.

I learned that code.org has partnered with Kahoot to create a series of quizzes!

1 Like

Great workshops. I obtained a ton of resources for my class.

This workshop gave me a structure I have lacked to teach CS in my middle school.

In the summer workshop this week, I have learned too much to sum up into one post. I am very impressed by the dynamic lessons, full curriculum guide and all the resources. I feel confident that we can implement this easily into our school.

I am enjoying the ease of the CSD curriculm!

I learned what pair programming is and how to use it!