Reset Prediction Levels?

I have been going through the levels to practice before going through the lessons with the students.

The Version History and Delete Progress to the Initial Version has been great.

Except on this activity because it will not delete the phrase I entered in to the text box. Needless to say all the students correctly surmised that the circle would draw in the upper right corner.

I even clicked on “Clear Response.”

I had the same issue. I think they don’t want the students to be able to delete their predictions because that would defeat the purpose of it being a prediction if they changed it after watching it.

Teachers should be able to reset theirs. Otherwise I can’t verify what will happen without checking it out first. If I do check it out first then the answer is right in front of the students as I am instructing them through the activities.

Hey @bpenney just wanted to make sure you know I’ve recorded your feedback with our product team. No promises on when we’ll get this taken care of, but I wanted you to know we’re listening!

Cheers,
GT

1 Like

Was this issue ever resolved? I am getting ready to start a new semester.

I have escalated this up to the team. I checked it out tonight and I was unable to reset the prediction levels.

Hey @kmoore I wanted you to know that we’ve once again recorded this need. We did some work on prediction levels over the last year but this specific feature didn’t make the cut so we’ll be looking to see how we can include it in future work.

Sorry not to have better news but thanks for reaching out.

1 Like

Well, here we are two years later and this issue STILL isn’t resolved. Now my ‘Prediction’ box permanently contains the text I typed when I first worked my way through this lesson, and it will be displayed to my students when I screen-share.

@dhartman,

I know this is frustrating. I can offer some possible workarounds that might work until this feature is available.

• In the text box for the prediction level, you can drag the lower right corder and drag it up to cover the contents of the box. You could do the same with the workspace screen and drag that up to hide the entire text box.
  • Another forum post also suggests making a dummy student account for each section/class. The idea is outlined here in this post.

Hope the suggestions are helpful,
Michelle

Hello all! We have some good news - it is now possible for teachers to clear their responses to prediction level types! See this support article for more information: https://support.code.org/hc/en-us/articles/4412795275277-NEW-How-can-I-reset-my-own-or-a-student-s-progress-in-a-course-

3 Likes