Welcome to CSD 2022-23---Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum, @jlussier ! We’re happy to have you join us!

Hi, I’m Gloriane. I love technology and am excited to dive into CS Discoveries with my middle schoolers this year!

2 Likes

Hi! I am brand new to this world and trying my best to practice a growth mindset. I excited to surround myself with people who are smart!

2 Likes

Hello, I am a first year teaching HS Computer Science. I can use all the help that I can get as I myself am just learning how to code. :grimacing:
I look forward to learning and teaching my students.

1 Like

Hello! I will be teaching CS Discoveries for the first time. I am excited to share this coding program with my students.

1 Like

Hi. I am Sandra and I teach 7th and 8th grade computer Science.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Anatolii. I’ll teach CS in secondary school in Kazakhstan. I found code.org when did research about resources for CS teachers. I’m really appreciate to use the materials and lessons from here and hope my students will love CS.

I am using the self-paced resources. Just exploring at this point.

1 Like

Great! Let us know if you have any questions!

Mike

Salve a tutti, sono felice di far parte di questa community, sto esplorando per capire come adoperare al meglio tutte le risorse.

Hello. I am Jason. I am working through the online course on how to teach code.org.

Hi fellow teachers,

I have the awesome opportunity to substitute for a long-term role as Computer Technology teacher. CS Discoveries is the curriculum I was referred to implement. I am joining a cohort but uncertain if it is specific to code.org as more may be included.

Thank you and all the best!
~Krystal

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Sarah Lester. I am currently working at a high school where we use Computer Discoveries. We are just starting with Unit 2: Web Lab.

Welcome to the forum @sarah.lester ! Hopefully you’ll find what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Hello CS Colleagues:

My name is Mechell D.W. Hargrove. I am excited to be apart of this CS Teacher Forum :~)))!!!

3 Likes

Hi I’m Betsy from the NJ CSD Winter Cohort, led by our fab facilitators Kevin + Roseanna. I’m a middle school teacher, and looking forward to diving in.

Hello, my name is Shiela and this will be my first year teaching CS k-6.

Hi! My name is David Oyler, I’ve been teaching Science for 16 years now, across 3 states. I’m now in CO, teaching science. I’ve been interested in Computer Science since high school (I’m now almost 40) and have implemented mini coding projects into my science classes, but would love to learn more and dig deeper to challenge myself, as well as understand coding a bit better so that I can either teacher Computer Science specifically, or assign/allow more complex coding projects within my science classes.

Hello! I am a homeschool Mom, Pharmacist, and online science/math instructor for the homeschool community. I am teaching this class to my daughter and a few friends next year.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Lori and I have participated in hour of code at my school in the past. I am not a part of a code.org cohort.

1 Like